Friday, August 15, 2008

Week 15++ --> Boy / Girl week


Aug 12, I visited Dr Wong for antenatal check for week 15++, 3 months plus.

As usual this is a normal check up but at this time of the pregnancy I'm required to do a blood test, which will help to determine my redblood cell level, HIV affected or not and several others.

I lie on the bed for the ultrascan, then I could see this time, my BB is upside down, BB's head is pointing downwards and the limbs are upwards. Can see BB's backbone clearly. The scan picture is not good enough to see BB's head.
This time around, BB measures 81.3mm.

As for myself, my body weight increased to 52kg. This means 2kg increase from the previous month.

My waist size is 31inch now. hehe.... kinda out of shape already. Overall now I can't go to work with my usual working clothes, but had to start wearing the looser types or the maternity top. Over the last weekend, I got from flea markets 3 loose tops - free size. Good enough to go work.

Dr Wong put the transducer to another spot on my tummy, he focused on another side of the BB and guess what... it is the lower part of BB, in which BB's gender can be well determined. Since BB is upside down, the image is clear enough to tell BB's gender. And Dr also said, 90% accurate.

Dr Wong asked me, what do I see.....
I say I don't know.
Anderson say Nothing.
hehe... Dr Wong say nothing = Hamburger.

So, what hamburger means ???? :)

Over that night Anderson has been in a quiet mode. I can see that his emotion has definitely changed after learning on the gender. Well, he had a preference earlier, so for this, he would have got a surprise. But who asked him to be so positively thinking of the other gender ?

Well, he say he would prefer the other gender for the first BB, but doesn't matter and will love the current one as much. Of course, when seeing him quiet, I'm sad. I was really really sad. I'm afraid he will not put in the same amount of attention and eagerness towards me and the BB anymore.

But he assured me at night, he was only surprised and shock of the news more over he did not expect to learn on BB's gender at this week, this visit. He will always love the BB.

This week, I'm continued with Sangobion, and Calcium pills.

No comments: