Friday, June 27, 2008

BB 2nd Scan - 2nd visit to DrWong

This is my BB 2nd scan. This time scan estimated at 8 weeks 4 days. And by the new date I provide to Dr, the EDD is now officially 1st Feb 2009. Ahem!!!
(however it could be also end of Jan09, sounds like double celebration for me - CNY-mah :p)
I visited Dr Wong 2nd appointment on 26June08. Appointment was brought forward to 730pm and this time it was punctual. Perhaps it is because Dr Wong has a delivery at night to attend to. ??? Anyway, doesn't matter, as long as my waiting time is cut short.
This time, the ultrasonic done is only surface abdominal scan. I was still "gong-gong" when the nurse asked me to get ready. I almost took off my pants till she stopped me. hehehe....
This time, just lie on the bed and do abdominal scan on my belly. No need to be 'raped' by the transducer.
This is because Dr say it is almost 9 weeks so should be able to see the embryo thru this scan.
However this scan is not as clear as the vaginal scan where the transducer is inserted into the body.
Dr Wong explains on the BB's condition and measured BB's length from head to buttock. It is now 20.8mm and Dr say BB's is growing normally. :)
Then, Dr Wong let us listen to BB's heart beat.
When he on the speaker, we heard "boopboopboopboop" repeatedly and rapidly. It was soooooo fast!!!!! It's so amazing!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Dr say normally would be about 160beats/min, almost double of that of an adult.
This time, I am prescribed 3 dose of Duphaston. Only for 3 days. One day one biji.
And also multivits, which they call it "Obimin" - pinkish red color. 21pcs, one per day.
My next appointment is 17th July 08. Was supposed to be 24th, but we bring it forward as we are not free on 24th. Dr advised to do DownSyndrome test on the next visit.

No comments: