Monday, September 15, 2008

BB 5th ultrasonic scan - week 20+

Visited Dr Wong again for the monthly antenatal check.
This time BB is about 20weeks.
The ultrasonic scan now shows clearly BB's internal organ, and BB is also growing and one spot scan cannot get the full BB image.
During this scan, we see the full structure of BB and Dr commented the internal organs are all OK. Both Dr and MrDaddy also observes BB grasp her fingers (open/close) while moving her hand near to her ear/head.
I was hoping to see BB's face however this week, BB was lying face down in the womb. No chance to see.
We ask Dr for the gender again and Dr confirms again - BB girl. :)

After the check up, Dr made some measurements and concluded BB's weight is now about 350g, which is normal. :)
Dr says since I'm quite thin originally, then the ultrasonic scan this time reveals the internal organs of BB clearly enough for him to do the checkups. So I am not scheduled to do check up at Damansara Fertility Center HQ at Uptown. Initially Dr say in 5th month or so, a thorough checkup of BB organ would need to be done in HQ as they have more sophisticated machine there. But this week's checkup tells him I don't have to go to HQ.

I'm prescribed Sangobion and calcium pills.
Dr also recommended to take some fish oil tablet supplements. The brand which he recommended is NeurogainPB. It is up to my own choice if i want to take this supplement.
I decided to, so I bought a bottle from him at Rm56.
(then at home, after some research, I decided only to start the supplement next month. :) the fish oil is actually containing DHA, AHA etc for BB's brain development).






No comments: