Sunday, May 3, 2009

26Jan evening till 27Jan 09 the BIG DAY

My contraction went on... it was more regular now, from 6pm onwards.... more intense and 10mins apart and sometimes even shorter apart like 7mins. What to do now ????
Daddy called up Dr Wong again, and as usual, was advised to check into hospital. I think I was the one who called this time and was all time feeling 'paiseh' (shy) because it was 1st Day of Chinese NewYear and I had to disturb him.
As usual, we packed and bring all the necessity to hospital. This time, we walked straight to the labour room. it was 8-9pm already that time. Midwife again had wrapped me with the contraction belt and checked my cervix. This time she said it's finger tip only.... (does this mean 1cm ?), and asked what would I want to do, go home or stay ? I told her I'll follow Dr's advise and she went out to call Dr Wong. When she returned, she told me Dr advised to hospitalized. I was unsure if Dr Wong would be coming in to visit but i doubt, since finger tip only.... and it is CNY 1st day.
Daddy has decided to stay with me so we checked into a single room ward and Daddy have an extra companion bed to accompany me. But like usual-la... he slept thru the night, and I was there SLEEPLESS!!!!!!!!!! Contraction became very intense and it was 5mins apart and sometimes 3mins apart. Each last about 40secs..... I had this the whole night thru .... didn't rest well... and i was hoping this time it would be for real and I can deliver the next day.

When morning comes, around 6plus, another young midwive came to examine me. After inserting her fingers, she told me 0. I was blank.... pain the whole night thru, and yet 0 ?! She told me dr will be visiting at 8am and will advise me then.
Around 8am, a Dr came opening my room's door with nurse and I was glad but surprised to see Dr Wong walked in. Well, it was 2nd day of CNY and he had scheduled to be back Pg with his family. I asked him "I thought you have left to Pg" and he replied, 'No.. Not yet'.
So, the moment came.... he had my cervix checked and told me it is already 2cm open, and I can go to labour now. Then I heard he murmured why the nurse had told him 0.

I was quickly pushed to labour room and get prepared for labour. During then, Daddy got anxious and quickly called StemCell personnel to come over for cord blood kit collection. As soon as I was on the labour room bed, Dr Wong examined the cervix again for confirmation and then burst my water bag. I felt hot liquid running down my groin and not too long after that, Dr told me, my baby has passed motion and the liquid is already stained with meconium.
I have never read anything about bb passing motion inside tummy to get myself prepared with the situation, however my mom has told me many cases of such. My mom has always asked me to induce labour, but I refused to. So, Dr Wong advised that since bb has passed motion, he would prefer me to go for C-Sec, and explained that I had went into contraction since Saturday, baby could have been distressed and passed motion.
Both daddy and myself didn't know exactly what to be done, so we followed Dr's advise and we decided for C-sec.
So, I was then prepared by nurses before they push me to the Operation theatre. I was shaved and have a tube joint for pee.... yucks and damn painful!
When they pushed me up to the OT floor, I had to lie on the bed and wait for about 15mins outside OT as there was another C-Sec in OT. During then, contraction continues and I was managing the pain with the breathing control. It got much much more intense, definitely, but too bad, BB had passed motion, don't know exactly when it will be wide open and decision has been made......
Oh, Anderson is allowed to join me in the OT. Dr Wong permitted that and I'll only take the half body anesthetic (not epidural but similar), and numb from half body down.

No comments: